Moorfields NHS Trust CQC Report
Moorfields rated as ‘Outstanding’ forÂ being effective by CQC.
The report from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) has now been published. Overall the trust received a rating of good, with the trust being rated outstanding for being effective. The CQC highlighted that all of the trustâs inspected services were rated as either good or outstanding. This really is a great result!
You can view the report here:
I think we can all be very proud of the contribution Friends have made to this fantastic result â we are mentioned a number of times when they talk about the Outpatient Service at City Road:
- The Summery talks about the Health Hub and also the increase in âFloorwalkersâ (who are volunteers).
- When talking about whether the service is âSafeâ the report lists âThe availability of floorwalkersâ (who are currently all volunteers) as one of the reasons that it gave the âGoodâ rating.
- When talking about whether the service is âResponsiveâ the reasons for the âGoodâ grade include:
- The Friends Shop supplying products for visually impaired patients;
- leaflets displayed in the health hub;
- The magazines in the waiting areas we supply
- âThe Blind Art exhibition â which Friends pay for through The Arts Grant.
- When talking about whether the service is âWell-ledâ the Health Hub is again mentioned as one of the reasons for the âGoodâ grading and they commented on how Friendâs Staff engage with patients and organise awareness raising events.
So a big Thank You to everyone involved â and a huge well done to all the Staff and Exec Team at Moorfields.